Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The New Guy

Hey everyone. In case you're surprised to see a new member to the CAF blog, let me introduce myself. I'm Andy and I'm taking Kevin's spot in the house for the summer. I'm originally from Richmond, VA and I'm out here in Colorado for school. I just finished my first year at CU, and spent the spring semester racing for CU's road team and had a blast. For the summer, I'm just chillin at the fort, working at Performance Bike Shop, and training/racing. Work sucks, but riding has been great. I've done two races so far: the North Boulder Crit and the City Park Crit in Denver. The North Boulder Crit was pretty much my first race outside of collegiate cycling, and I ended up doing alright, placing 12th in the 4's race. This past weekend in Denver, I raced the City Park Crit. This time, the combination of riding for my new team (AE Sport) and being pissed at the registration people for charging me a late fee AND a fee for not being registered under a team made me ride a lot harder. I stayed at the front pretty much the entire race, taking 2 primes and sprinting for 4th at the end. I made back my race entry fee and more, so needless to say I was much happier. Now I'm looking ahead to this weekend, when I'll be in Fort Collins doing the Rist Canyon road race on Saturday and the Fort Collins Crit on Sunday before I leave to go back to Richmond for a week. This weekend's race has a LOT of climbing in it, so hopefully it will suit me a little better. I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments: