Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Vacation

As the song goes, "I just got back from a lovely trip, along the Milky Way..." Well, okay, so I wasn't taking an intergalactic journey, and I didn't stop by the North Pole either. But I got a heck of a lot closer to there than normal, as I took a trip home to Vermont for Christmas. The travel was heinous. My flight to Burlingtron, city of the future, was canceled, so I had to fly into Lebanon. Then, on the way back to Ballerado, my flight to Philly was too delayed to make the connection to the Dirrty D, so I had to fly out of Manchester. According to the airlines, their only duty is to get me to a destination safely. Apparently, they do not need to get me there at any specified time. I could have gotten back to Denver in July and they would have still "Fulfilled their duty of care." Absolutely hilarious.
Either way, it was nice to be back home. Weather was so-so (typical), but at least it wasn't pouring rain this time around.


Church Street, lovely as always. Definitely puts Boulder's Pearl Street to shame.


Ever seen a samurai Dachshund? I didn't think so.

No comments: