Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wildlife at the CAF


Many of you know about Pitchfork, our imaginary cat, who lives at the CAF, but he's not the only furry beast who likes to stop by the Fort from time to time. This morning, I woke up around 7 or so, a bit hung over from an amazing night of karaoke, and was very surprised by what I saw out the window. No, I wasn't surprised by the several inches of snow we got overnight... that seems to be normal for this spring. I saw that there were three deer bedded down in our yard! On one hand, I find the deer to be completely out of control here in Boulder — they traipse around peoples' yards like they're in the National Park, and are generally a hazard. However, I was kind of amused by these three hanging out in our yard, in the snow.
I'll be escaping this crazy weather on the weekend to go to Fruita with the lady for a mountain bike race. Should be fun. I'll watch out for the deer too.
Oh, P.S., the Little Monster ended up 25th at Redlands... sweet!

No comments: