Thursday, July 19, 2007

Great Success!


Well, I headed up to lovely Spearfish, South Dakota last weekend for my first Xterra (off-road triathlon) of the season, and to quote a famous Kazakh, it was a great success! After a kind of rough swim (Spencer - wetsuit = sinking like a rock) I fought my way through the pack on the mountain bike and extended my advantage on the run to win the overall. It's fun to win a race once in a while; that sort of thing doesn't seem to happen that often for me out here in Ballerado. You can read all about the race in the Rapid City Journal, as fine a news source as I've ever seen.
Also, props are due to our comrade, Kiel for pulling down a top-10 in the National Championship crit last weekend. Next week he's racing the Tour de Toona – allez Kiel!

No comments: