Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cascade Classic

So I just recently got back from a week in Oregon visiting fellow CU rider John Crawford and racing in the Cascade Classic. The 4's race was 4 stages over 3 days in beautiful Bend, Oregon. I rode the time trial of my life and took 3rd, then maintained my position in the overall throughout the rest of the 3 stages. A podium finish was awesome for me because it was my first big stage race, and it got me the rest of the upgrade points I need to become a 3! I guess I'm slowly working my way up... Anyway, the trip was a blast, capped off with a great mountain bike ride the day before I left. Next up is Mt. Evans, which could be a whole different story...



nice view of Mt. Hood from the plane on the way in



exhausted after the road race


on the podium

No comments: