Thursday, October 18, 2007

24 Hours of Moab

Ah, I can finally breathe. The telltale signs of silicosis are gradually fading as my lungs purge the Moab desert from their sensitive alveoli. The race was fun and very hard. The course was a lovely combination of nasty, ledgy rocks and deep sand pits. I just pretended that I was in the Baja 1000 and rallied as hard as possible. Overall everything went very smooth. I bent my chain on my second lap at twilight and almost got caught out in the dark without a light, but I made it back in time and fixed the bike with my bare hands. My team of four did 15 laps (225 miles) and overall, all of the "Team IMBA" teams raised over $15,000 for IMBA. Not bad! I'd say the best part of the weekend was when I broke out my glorious CAF skinsuit for the first lap. Feast your eyes upon its beauty...

No comments: