Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Journey is Over

I am so glad to be back in Boulder right now. For the past 10 days I've been traveling all over the Southwest. It started two Sundays ago. I drove down to Vegas with one of my coworkers for Interbike. And we're not just talking about a quick, pop-in for one day type of Interbike trip. Oh no, I was there for all five days. It was quite exhausting. Vegas isn't really that great either, unless you're a fan of price gouging, claustrophobia, artificial light, gambling and readily available hookers. After what seemed like an endless five days, I took off and drove up to Tahoe for Xterra Nationals. Needless to say, the legs weren't 100% after a week of Vegas, but I was doing okay, especially since the Venetian (our hotel) had a decent pool to swim in.
Once I'd grabbed an In-N-Out burger (one of Vegas' few redeeming qualities) I set off on a high-speed burn up to the lovely mountains. It was a long, grim drive through the desert. There were only a few scattered towns along the way and several houses of ill repute... great places to get a VD.
Tahoe was a lovely counterpoint to Vegas' tacky artificiality. It was quite cold (snow was on the ground my first morning there!) and very scenic. The race went relatively well. I was a little disappointed with my bike leg, but my swim was quite good. All in all it was good learning experience. Next year, I'll be throwing down pretty hard at that race. Once the post race celebrations were over and I'd slept off most of my severe hangover, I drove straight back to Boulder, all 1,000 miles, yesterday. It's good to be back in the Fort. Check out some of the photos shot by my fancy new phone...



Now I've seen the Eiffel Tower in both Paris and Vegas... not too hard to say which is nicer.



Looks like you're outside, right? Nope. You're inside the Venetian Hotel, on their "Canal."



Rock Racing had a Lamborghini on display. Nice work guys, way to waste your money on some pointless shit.


You can see why people want to "Keep Tahoe Blue."

No comments: