Saturday, March 31, 2007

my mommy visited me in the gunnison hospital today

Here's the conversation:

Me: "Think we can bee-line the moguls?"
Geoff: "Yeah."

And the thought process:

Me: Wahooo, Wahooo, Wahooeee. At the first catwalk, I'm thinking I'm going a little too fast. Oh God. Wahoo. At the second catwalk, I know I'm going too fast. Oh god, I'm gonna fly. I look to the left and see Geoff, look forward and my skis are almost over my head. Then, I can't breathe. I'm thinking my whole spine shrunk.

And the result: I fractured only one of my vertebrae after some earlier diagnoses and scares. But, I'm still in a back cast for 6-8 weeks.

Was it worth it? I'll avoid that question and say that I am lucky to survive the learning curve again.

I don't know when I'll be back at the CAF.

Holla,
Crinny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the injury, hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.